Mar 28, 2011

Get Rhythm ~ A Johnny Cash tribute

This here is my cover of Get Rhythm, a song by the great Johnny Cash. As an artist he may not be directly related to slide or bottleneck but he is an irreplaceable figure in the history of rock 'n' roll and, as such, he deserves all the respect a musician can reserve. I proceeded to dress this video with a few pics of Johnny Cash to add a tribute-like twist to it. Besides, you're probably fed up with watching a headless puppet strum the strings by now.

I revisited 'Get Rhythm' to add some slide in it, I think it works great like that. The rhythm of this song is a classic 3-2 (clave) groove of afro-cuban roots and yet remains nostalgically rock 'n' roll-ish. The vocal needs alot of work but hey I never said I was a singer so enjoy the guitar parts.



Peace,

No comments:

Post a Comment